Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Whirlwind

We all get caught up in life and doing the everyday stuff that we have to do.
This past week, we did everything we're NOT supposed to do.  And I had FUN!

I can't really remember what all was discussed since the last post.  But here's what has been happening with Bryce.
He gets chemo on Tuesdays.  Week 1 was a 3 drug cocktail.  Week 2 was just cetuximab (chemo).  And here I am on Tuesday for week 3.  He's going to get cetuximab again this afternoon.  He's scheduled it for late enough in the afternoon that I won't be able to go with him.  I'll take that up with later.  He IS experiencing side effects.

The cetuximab is serious stuff.  In week 1, they actually just gave him a tiny bit in 10 minutes & he had to wait for 30 minutes to see if he was going to have a reaction to it or not.  Luckily, he was fine & got the rest of it.  However, one of the side effects is an "acne like rash"  AH**bull$h!t**HEM
The rash is full blown acne.  and it's painful.  And he's getting sores in his mouth.  His mouth & throat hurt so bad, it's tough for him to eat.  He IS managing though.  Managing as best as he can while his wife & kids pull him through Disney.

He really was a trooper!!!!!  And we pulled the kids out of school for 2 days to have a family vacation.  Mom called me up one day & said "We're sending you guys to Disney.  now."  Soooo..... Off we went!!! ~I know..... my parents are awesome~

When we were booking this trip, we still didn't know what was going on at MD Anderson.  We didn't know that he was going to be full of chemo when we flew out of here.  But it is what it is & we made the best of it.  The boys had a blast!!!!  This was their first experience at a theme park.  The rides, the shows, the lines, the characters......  it was fun to see my boys having fun.

So.....  I'm busy doing laundry & catching up on that everyday stuff that I get caught up in.  And the boys had to go back to school.  Therefore, it's REALLY quiet in this house & I'm loving that.  So here's some pictures of us doing not everyday things.  And the pre-trip lunch we had with said awesome parents.










No comments:

Post a Comment