Friday, January 15, 2016

Home!

Home has never felt so good.  Seriously.  Our home is clean, because an anonymous friend came to clean it.  Bryce has clean sheets to lay in, because another friend said they love to come home to clean sheets and wanted to do something helpful.   Both friends don't know what it means it us.  it's a LOT

We heard sometime before 8:45 this morning that everyone had cleared him to come home except for the Neurology team.  So we waited.

and waited.
Lunch came.  I ate some of the snacks and food that friends had brought us, so that didn't have to travel home with us.

and waited.

************crickets************

and waited..........

7 hours later, I flipped my lid.  I cussed at everyone I could find.  I started packing our bags.  We were leaving.  I told Bryce and our favorite nurse that this wasn't prison.  I didn't need anyone's permission to take him home.  The nurse tried to do everything he could to get us to stay.  He saw me packing and told me that he was calling them to TELL THEM "she's packing."

And I did.  I loaded up the first load that I could carry down to the car myself while Nurse Marc made the phone call.  When I got back up there to take the 2nd load, I was informed that we were miraculously getting discharged.  We never did see THOSE doctors.  I think they were too scared they'd get an ear full.  And they would have!

Anyways... that's behind us.  My guy is home and showering in his own home.  He will smell like his own soap when he's out of that clean shower.  He can sleep in his own bed that has fresh sheets on it.

SOOOOOOooooooooooOO......  some have asked about the unicorn theme.  I give to you the origin:
bastobb.blogspot.com/2014/05/heres-deal.html
I didn't have a blog, but Bryce had already started his.  This was during the surgery in May of 2014.  I was the guest writer to keep people informed during the process.  Please take note of the last photo in that blog.  Bryce was in love.  Actually.... here it is again in all its glory


I mean LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The majestic unicorn exhaling flames and has lasers for eyes?!  And then the kitty!!!!!  Wearing a bandanna holding a golden gun?!  COME ON!!!!!!  It doesn't get better than this!!!!!

So Bryce found it when he caught up on all of the guest writing I had done on his blog, and the love of unicorns was born.  We now firmly believe that the unicorn is Bryce's spirit animal.

So there you have it.  We're home.  As for the giant unicorn we received at the hospital, we might be calling him Champ.  More on that another day.  Tonight, we rest.  at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment