Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Confirmation

This is going to be another quick one.  I'm at work, and this is the easiest way to tell everyone.  It also helps me to to NOT talk about cancer ALL of the time with every single person we know.  It feels like that is all I ever talk about anymore.  If I tell you all here, then maybe we can talk about anything else when I see you face to face.

So the results are in.  Cancer is back.  Same stuff..... squamous cell carcinoma.  It's in his neck.  Although the area that was infection turned out to be not cancer busting out of Bryce, it is very near that.  We have actually been able to watch this thing grow lately.  We both knew that's what it was.  As hopeful as I was for it all to be just an awful infection, it became painfully obvious over the past week that it wouldn't be the case.

Next steps:  He is currently sitting at Dr. Y's office in Austin getting an EKG, blood work, etc done and meeting with the researchers to start the trail up here.  Pray this stuff works because I'm tired.  And as tired as I am of cancer, it's even worse for him.

We'll have more news soon, but that's what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment