Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Anniversaries: Good Ones & Bad Ones

It happened.  D-Day II came and went.  March the 4th will just never be the same for me.  There were quite a few sweet friends & family members that remembered the day and sent sweet thoughts, messages and even a poem my way.  We remembered the day by going to Buffalo Wild Wings, because Bryce loved it.

Many people said to remember him fondly and celebrate his life.  I do that nearly every day.  Some days come and there's sadness surrounding them.  But for the most part, I remember him and celebrate him all of the time.  D-Day is just different.  I remember the way he died in very vivid detail.  I remember where I was at different times of the day.  I remember that morning getting really bad news and thinking I would find a new way to heal him.  By the end of the day, he was with his maker.

Then there's today.  On March 6th, one year ago, I started my new job at Dell.  It's been a whirlwind.  It's been hard.  It's been fun.  It's been challenging.  It's been exhilarating.  I am surround by intelligent, wonderful people that are happy for my success.  It makes me want to do even better and learn even more.

I mostly wanted to write today to remember both of those events.  Even though I was completely funky on Sunday, I am also really happy about the fact that Bryce would be thrilled for me today.  He would have taken us all to eat as a family to the hibatchi grill or made me a wonderful meal.  He was always looking for a good excuse to eat delicious food.

We're coming into a very busy season with 2 kids in 2 sports each.  Bowen is running track and playing baseball.  AJ is working towards his 2nd degree black belt and playing volleyball.  I am helping to coach the volleyball team.  Oh.... and work is about to kick into high gear planning for some big events.  I may not be able to write much, but I wanted to get the anniversary blog out of the way.  Now I can go on being happy again.

So.... I say all of that to leave you with this beautiful gem of a photo that Keith Mayhew took a year ago.  Hilarious!!!  Everyone also say happy birthday to Keiffy.  He has his big day in a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment